A lot of operators have been struggling the idea to put their food on the road. The idea is to help business on the slower days by delivering. It will fuel a diner demand. A place called The Bywater now offers half of the menu for delivery. Many operators are questioning this new method of business.
Premier Food Safety® - Food Safety Certification Posts
This article is about The Food Date Labeling Act of 2016. This act proposes a change in food labeling on menus and other food. The confusion on food labels causes massive food waste in this country every year. People confuse the Sold By and the Best By labels with the expiration date. It has caused 29 billion of edible food to be wasted each year.
- The university’s Secret Shopper program enlists student volunteers at the start of the school year.
- Students are given a meal voucher to a campus eatery and, after their meal, fill out an online survey rating their experience.
- Students at the University of California at Los Angeles have the opportunity to take cooking classes this quarter, Daily Bruin reports.
“Starting this year, the U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety Inspection Service (USDA/FSIS) will take steps to help resolve consumer confusion regarding such terms as “best by” and “sell by,” labels found on food products we select every day.”
The restaurant industry is bouncing back after a crude end to 2016 the restaurant industry is bouncing back in 2017. January’s jump of 4.3 percentage points was the biggest month-to-month improvement in same-store sales growth in almost four years. Three segments experienced positive sales growth in January: upscale casual, family dining and quick service.
- January’s jump of 4.3 percentage points was the biggest month-to-month improvement in same-store sales growth in almost four years.
- On one hand, it is common to see some large swings in comp sales during the winter, as significant weather events create fluctuating year-over-year comparisons.
- In addition to weather, there were unusual events in January that likely had some impact on restaurant sales. The year started with a federal holiday on January 2, which was unlike 2016.
“January sales declined in fine dining and fast casual. For the first time in over five years, fast casual was the weakest performing segment based on sales growth.”
Hamburgers were the original fast food. Places like McDonald’s offered very cheap burgers, but they are facing market pressure from chains and start ups trying to do it better. Other companies pushed forward their idea on what burgers should be like. They did this by using better meat and better ingredients.
There are five offbeat pork and beet cuts that diners love. The nose to tail dining formula has been praised for a long time by chefs because it saves a lot of cost. About a quarter of consumers are eating beef that they did not a year ago. Younger consumers are the most open group to trying new cuts.
How can you tell when an employee is ready to be a manager? It is fairly easy to tell. An employee needs certain traits such as putting forth the initiative to solve problems on their own or with minimal help, working until the job is done, paying attention to detail and deadlines, and having the personality to lead others to successful strategies in their jobs as well.
- Students are given a meal voucher to a campus eatery and, after their meal, fill out an online survey rating their experience. Student reviewers typically get up to four assignments per semester.
- A red flag can be if someone asks about breaks and lunch hours. “That means they don’t understand that as a manager you work until the job is done, and that you’re the last one to get a break,” she says.
- Not only does it show respect for team members and care for customers, but it also indicates the worker is considering the budget. Finding a sub costs time and money, English says.
“Judy Bender, director of nutrition services and logistics support for Puyallup School District in Puyallup, Wash., says an indicator that staff members can step up to a more executive role is when they take classes to formalize their education, earn certifications or contribute to their professional associations.”
There are 4 fried chicken preps that are on the rise. Korean fried chicken is one of these things. Chicken karaage is another one. Chicken 65 is the third one on the list. It was named after the year 1965 when the dish was first introduced. The fourth one is called Gai tod, which is a very popular street chicken in Thailand.
- Picking up new global influences, fried chicken has been sporting some fresh spins of late.
- . Fried chicken is the fifth leading chicken dish on menus, with two in five consumers saying fried is their chicken style of choice.
- As half of millennials (and 44% of consumers overall) want concepts to offer more chicken entrees with ethnic ingredients and flavors, according to Technomic’s Center of the Plate Poultry Consumer Trend Report, operators are looking to emerging fried chicken preps for inspiration. Here are four styles making a splash.
“In the U.S., many operators just use the wings for Korean fried chicken, as it’s a cost-saver and easy to promote as a shareable appetizer or late-night snack.”
This article about the 100 top Romantic Restaurants in the United States is helpful for people all over America who may be looking for a date night or a Valentine’s Day meal with their significant other. The article could have done a more thorough explanation of the restaurant and maybe provided pictures, but for what it was, it was helpful.
With the changing of each seasons come new food products on the menu. There are a lot of new foods that will be popular this season. This includes a new take on frankfurters and chicken tenders. There are items that could land on any menu at one of your favorite restaurants.
To kick start the effort back in 2013, Starbucks brought aboard dedicated military recruiters, established connections at more than 200 military bases across the globe, attended more than 500 military hiring fairs and sponsored 14 hiring summits. These locations have been given the special designation as a place of welcoming and support for military communities around the country, serving as an important gathering place to reconnect veterans with their communities, support successful transitions and create career opportunities.