Planning winter menus are hard. Especially, with the decrease in the tropical fruits like Mango. However, this year tropical fruits are being encouraged to be offered in the winter months as a strong supply of fresh Mango will be arriving in the United States because of an increase in volume during the last quarter of the year. These are made available to us because they are being sourced globally.
Month: October 2016
The question should be why don’t you already have a Kitchen Display System? Any restaurant that isn’t a mom-and-pop has an electronic means to process orders. And with all of the many benefits that outweigh the initial cost of the system, you’ll get your return on your investment in no time.
- A kitchen display system is digital technology that makes communication between the wait staff and the kitchen staff much easier.
- Getting the wrong order is not only a waste of food and money, but it also negatively impacts a customer’s perception of your restaurant.
- A KDS allows you to improve your customer service in a few different ways. Kitchen display systems speed up the entire ordering process so that diners get their food more quickly.
“This technology isn’t just for the larger restaurants, either. More mom and pop restaurants are implementing kitchen display systems and reaping the benefits as well.”
The Worlds 50 Best Restaurants move to Australia coincides with the country’s ongoing drive to highlight its food and wine credentials to the world. Since the start of Tourism Australias Restaurant Australia campaign in December 2013, international incremental spending on food and wine has increased by more than $1 billion with one in five dollars spent by international visitors in Australia now going towards food and wine experiences. The awards will form part of a weeks-long program to showcase Australia’s food and wine culture with the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival aligning its dates to coincide with the event.
- Now we could not be more thrilled to be moving to Melbourne, one of the great food cities of the world, in 2017.
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants’ move to Australia coincides with the country’s ongoing drive to highlight its food and wine credentials to the world.
- Come April next year, Australia will undoubtedly be the place to be for those passionate about great food and inspired restaurants.
“The event, in partnership with Tourism Australia, will be held in the city’s Royal Exhibition Building where world-leading chefs, restaurateurs, sommeliers and media will gather to celebrate the world’s top restaurants. It will be the second time in its 15 year history that the awards ceremony will be held outside London, with Melbourne hoping to replicate the success of this year’s event in New York.”
Recently there has been some particular insight that has been given into the 2016 Great American Beer Festival winners themselves. In more particular detail to this aspect in general the Great American Beer Festival that had taken place in Denver from October fifth through the seventh had awarded a total of two hundred and eighty six medals overall.
Recently one Thai seafood supplier in particular has bought a five hundred and seventy five million dollar stake in Red Lobster. In more particular detail to the aspect of this the particular seafood supplier Thai Union Group purchased a minority stake in Red Lobster that was worth a particular value of five hundred and seventy five million dollars.
A server describes three instances where customers were rude and down right abusive towards her. The first is after a simple mistake on the server’s part that was fixed immediately. The customer was so angry that she went back to her table and smeared the food all over the table. The second is where a woman orders her food and when the food comes out to her, she complains and pretends that she actually ordered something else entirely. The third involves a woman making messes at the table and verbally assaulting the server.
- Food servers have a hard job, in no small part, because customers can be very unreasonable.
- Unreasonable customers magnify tiny mistakes into Mt. Everest events and create drama over things that are actually fine.
- What’s worse is that unreasonable customers feel free to take out their angst by not appropriately tipping their server, or even creating a mess for their server to clean.
“Being a waitress means dealing with the public and in case you were unaware, that means dealing with a lot of assholes.”
In the past sixty years or so, Americans have grown quite accustomed to consuming meat that is very young. Also prepared tender and rare, but recently there has been a spike in the want for aged meat and the butchering of older cows and chickens. There are many pluses to consuming older meats.
During the week, there have been several trends found in the realm of restaurant trends. There are many growing and emerging concepts which were reported on October 11, 2016. The Pizza Studio in Los Angeles has increased by 7 units and the Texas based El Taco Tote increased by 2 units. Read more to find out what other company restaurants have increased.
When it comes to the aspect of restaurants in particular there has been some recent and particular aspect that has been given into restaurants looking ahead to generation z. In more detail to this aspect in general with millennials emerging fully into the consumer landscape some restaurant operators are assessing the next big demographic group.
- With Millennials emerging fully into the consumer landscape, restaurant operators are assessing the next big demographic group
- Generation Z. Members of Gen Z, born after 1995 or 1996, make up about a quarter of the U.S. population
- eclipsing even Baby Boomers and Millennials in size, according to The Hartman Group, a market research firm. Whether you call them Post-Millennials or the Homeland Generation, the eldest Gen Z’ers are just entering their 20s, and the younger ones …
“With Millennials emerging fully into the consumer landscape, restaurant operators are assessing the next big demographic group: Generation Z.”
Increases in minimum wage can drive business owners to try to make up for the increased cost by cutting back on labor. This is often a bad idea, chances are the number of staff is already close to the minimum amount needed to effectively run the business. If increased wage costs need to be recovered, prime costs should be considered first.
- Many restaurant owners think the solution to rising minimum wages is to cut labor.
- There are not enough labor controls any restaurant owner can put in place to limit the impact of increasing minimum wages on the business
- In short, you need to understand, calculate and then attack your prime cost.
“Many restaurant owners think the solution to rising minimum wages is to cut labor.”