Dev Shav, founder of Zucla, is looking to open a second location in London after a successful crowdfunding campaign. The popular lunch spot, known for its freshly made dishes and juices, is also looking to add a breakfast menu at the new location. The founder’s plan includes adding eight new locations in the next three years.
Month: December 2016
Do you avoid buying some items because it seems like everything just costs too much — especially when it comes down to buying things like dairy and meat? Sure, you can wait for sales, but that doesn’t mean it’s the same as just being able to buy what you want when you want to. Soon, you won’t have to worry about that — “Cost of Beef Expected to Drop by Double Digits” explains an upcoming price drop.
- “With restaurants facing higher labor and healthcare costs in 2017—and expectations for continued slow traffic—now is the time to take full advantage of low commodity costs,”
- “These lower costs will allow restaurants to improve their margins, if they use smart sourcing strategies,”
- Although all signs point to continued favorable food costs for restaurants, Dove noted that unpredictable global events, such as storms and livestock disease outbreaks can quickly alter commodity markets.
“SpenDifference offers restaurant chains customized solutions that provide leverage, expertise and transparency to ensure their supply chains deliver maximum value.”
People generally consider the Canadian food scene to consist largely of maple syrup and Canadian bacon. They consider a Canadian restaurant to be Tim Horton’s. According to this article, that is far from the truth. This article breaks down just how many restaurants are in the Great North as well as the variety of food available and much more!
- Furthermore, 34 percent of Canada’s Independent hotels offer guests the opportunity to dine at in-house restaurants.
- Many mid-sized and regional chains, such as Boston Pizza, Mr. Sub, and Second Cup have a strong presence across Canada.
- the country of Canada to help suppliers identify white space opportunities and navigate the food service industry in ‘the great white north.
“Many mid-sized and regional chains, such as Boston Pizza, Mr. Sub, and Second Cup have a strong presence across Canada. Boston Pizza, for example, has more than 350 chains in operation across Canada.”
Have you ever heard of shakshuka? Chances are you probably haven’t, but sure will in time! It is a North African dish that is showing up in more and more restaurants in the United States. The amount of people wanting to see more ethnic choices for breakfast is on the rise. Read on to find out what it is made of, and where you can find this unique dish!
Have you ever wondered what brand loyalty in action looks like? It might be that guy who only ever buys that one type of soda and takes them in 10 packs at a time, but it’s probably subtler than that — and you probably haven’t noticed it, even if you’re one of the many doing it. As shown in this study – titled “Customers choosing branded groups over independents, says NPD Group” – it’s more common than you think.
The second is an app that enables restaurants to sell unused food at a deep discount online, while the third takes food wasted elsewhere and turns it into signature offerings that provide serious sustainability cred. Approximately four to ten percent of food purchased by restaurants is wasted before reaching the consumer, the organization claims. It’s not easy to honor your restaurant’s commitment to the food waste issue while focusing on your primary job of giving customers good food and excellent hospitality.
- The second is an app that enables restaurants to sell unused food at a deep discount online, while the third takes food wasted elsewhere and turns it into signature offerings that provide serious sustainability cred.
- One statistic we present in the study is that if food waste were a country, it would be third in the list of greenhouse gas producers, after China and the United States.
- The results help managers, authorities and even potential guests evaluate the sustainability of food production in any establishment over time.
“One is a tool that helps operators track and measure the excess product their restaurants create.”
Thanksgiving has become a busier time for restaurants over time creating new challengers for chefs and owners. Chef LeVine spoke with FSR about how he prepares for this busy time and his tips may help you. With many customers, a restaurant shouldn’t cut corners or ignore the traditional elements of the holiday.
- Imagine if a Food Network “Chopped” champion walked into your kitchen on Thanksgiving morning. While that would be, obviously, a startling turn of events, there is an option that’s becoming increasingly common: you can easily walk into his.
- We keep it traditional. It’s one of those holidays where if people are going to be creative they’re probably going to do it themselves.
- It’s all about making sure you have a good balance of salt, sugar, water. We add herbs.
“There was a time when Thanksgiving was considered a closed-door holiday. But the saturation of Black Friday and the rise of dual-income families continue to blur tradition.”
Thanksgiving, everyone who is anyone is cooking something delicious. The grocery store shelves seem to be a bit lighter than usual and everyone is cooking or baking something yummy. This includes restaurants, yes some people prefer to dine out on turkey day. Find out who these people are, better yet what cities dine on the most on Thanksgiving, your city might be one of them.
Online shopping continues to attract investment from retailers. Online shopping websites offer discounts and promotions to attract online shoppers. Online retailing is in nascent stages of growth in India. The research examines influence of deal proneness on Indian consumers’ online shopping behaviour. The results indicate that Indian consumers are not influenced by deals, offers or other promotional tools being used by online retailers. Promotions may not be necessarily viewed by consumers as an important attribute while purchasing products or services online. The instrumental aspects of online shopping websites need to be strengthened to motivate consumers to shop online.
The term “Michelin Star” is a hallmark of fine dining quality and restaurants around the world proudly promote their Michelin Star status. Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay cried when the Michelin Guide stripped the stars from his New York restaurant, calling the food “erratic.” Ramsay explained that losing the stars was like “losing a girlfriend.”
- Michelin announced its star selections for the 12th edition of the MICHELIN Guide New York. The new starred restaurants are standouts among the 857 eateries listed in this year’s guide that represent all five of the city’s boroughs and 63 cuisines from around the globe.
- This year’s selections include a new two star, Aska, which is located in Brooklyn in the shadows of the historic Williamsburg Bridge.
- On the one-star front, 12 new eateries have gained this prized culinary distinction in the new edition of the Michelin Guide. Chelsea’s La Sirena and Ushiwakamaru restaurants were awarded one stars.
“Offering a seasonal and tantalizing earthy Scandinavian fare, Agrern is the product of the Danish food entrepreneur Claus Meyer who co-founded the world famous noma restaurant, and is located in the Grand Central Terminal.”