We all like our baked sweets there is no question. In the market place however with a growing demand for healthy foods, trying to gain sales and new customers can be quite challenging. Learning how to use a menu properly to market baked sweets may be crucial. It is not merely listing the ingredients and calories any more. Some tricks of the trade require some innovation. Offering obscure topping combinations and providing a well lit photo of the item can bring the consumer more close to the appeal of a product and lean closer to a purchase.
Premier Food Safety® - Food Safety Certification Posts
An on site bakery faces unique challenges in operations management. Complicated equipment, recipe management, and inventory spoilage make it hard for bakeries to control costs. There are several things bakeries can do to make operations management less of a headache. Consistency is the key to maintaining recipes and inventory. Teamwork is also critical between teams as bakeries do not require all staff to be present during the entire production process. Lastly, controlling the environment is extremely important and proper investment in heating and cooling systems is necessary.
- One bakery found that products intended for a specific customer, a school, was attracting outside interest and needed to find a way to fill these needs.
- Oftentimes recipes and procedures may need to be adjusted due to climate changes, or customer preferences.
- Team workers should be prepared to handle all functions, including cooking, prepping and delivery work.
“Though kitchens in general can be a minefield of issues, bakeries present some unique challenges thanks in part to the finicky nature of yeast.”
This is a guide to help executives who are looking to hire an administrative assistant. The role is comiplex and important, so great care must be taken to select the best candidate. An administrative assistant should be able to multi-task and handle various sources of stress. An ideal candidate is also someone with a passion for the organization and someone you can count on. Conversely, poor people skills, too much socializing and inability to handle stress are all warning signs.
- A good administrative assistant should be able to multitask and to organize and prioritize assignments.
- You want assistants who can be gracious and sociable, who are good observers, but not over-sharers.
- A great administrative assistant will have a barrage of problems and a host of people to deal with daily and must be able to be cool under pressure.
“When it comes to staffing, no one person can make or break your day more than the administrative assistant.”
Businesses are always in search of reaching the best consumer for their product and service. As the world is getting smaller and smaller thanks to computers, easier travel, and more businesses are wondering the impact on the US economy from the foreign born consumer. Experts are concerned that the new Trump economy will have a negative impact because the foreign consumers are not going to be coming to the US as readily as they have under past administrations. This will really impact the restaurant business.
Fast food giant Burger King is trying to manipulate voice-activated devices within consumer homes as a marketing trick. They created a commercial that attempts to trigger commands within Google Home devices. In the commercial an actor states “OK Google, what is the Whopper burger?” The hope is that your Google Home device will search the internet for the wikipedia entry on whoppers, then read it to you. People are upset, calling this tactic invasive and annoying.
A website covering the hospitality industry has a feature about sugar art. Sugar art consists of decorative centerpieces made entirely of sugar. The feature included an interview with a pastry chef who was a judge in a 2017 sugar art competition. The chef made the statement that one has to know sugar art to be a true pastry chef. He said that sugar and/or chocolate artwork is needed at buffets or large events in order to show off a theme.
- Martin Chiffers, pastry chef and formerly president of the International Pastry Team Uk, recently judged the UK Sugar Championships.
- Strong contenders in the competition showed shiny, reflective sugar, with good color and style.
- Creating sugar and chocolate sculptures is less about creating edible items than it is about making art.
“I don’t think you can call yourself a pastry chef if you can’t do at least some sugar and some chocolate work.”
A website for food service directors has a feature on how to make it easier for employees when a food service operation undergoes changes. The feature focused on Western Michigan University, which opened a new facility for dining. The account showed what the director did to make the staff comfortable. First, he showed computer simulations to the staff so they could see what was going to happen. He worked with the union to rewrite job descriptions. And he invited the staff to cook a meal for themselves and the family to increase morale.
- Help staff to adjust to new features, buildings, by showing videos, models of the proposed changes before they occur.
- Bring in small groups of staff to watch the ongoing construction, to acclimate them further, in anticipation of the new feature, building.
- Keep staff posted via emails, regarding the new project’s progress and also what their new duties could include.
“Some people gravitate toward change, some are slow to come around and others do whatever they can to completely avoid it.”
A website for fast food restaurants (now known as quick service restaurants, or QSRs) has a feature on how technology is changing how customers pay for their food. One way is called card not present. In this case, the customer goes online to pay for the order. Another method is contactless. In this case, the diner runs a smartphone or a fob over a reader. A third way is to do payments over the cloud. Amazon favors this method. The writer notes challenges, such as getting employees on board.
Read more: The Future of The Drive-Thru Window
Turkey the new white meat. Well not so new but there has been a rising number of consumers looking for another protein option in their menus other than chicken. While chicken is packed with protein there is also fat and other contributors that turkey has less of and the protein quality may by some also be better. This increasing demand for the product is creating a new market demand for another choice of poultry for the consumer.
Read more: 7 new takes on turkey
The days of fast food and on the go meals is still evolving. While many prefer a hot meal they may also crave the flavors of a meal that is home cooked. More and more companies are starting to listen to consumers with very busy lives and are stepping up to the task. Fresh not frozen meals on the go are fast becoming a meal of choice for these busy millennials and others living in the 21st century.
- A cooking class for diabetics at Abrazo Community Health Network in Phoenix instructed members about solid supper prep, as well as prodded the dispatch of a readied nourishment program called Meals To
- They needed crisp, not solidified. What’s more, they needed suppers to fulfill the yearning for good antiquated home-cooked dinners.”
- Regardless of whether it’s a requirement for sound choices for clinic patients and guests, or an advantageous route for occupied workers to get supper at their organization bistro, arranged to-go dinn
“Whether it’s a need for healthy options for hospital patients and visitors, or a convenient way for busy employees to grab dinner at their company cafe, prepared to-go meals are a growing segment.”