Waitbusters is now being used in a restaurant that is located in the state of Virginia. The All American Steakhouse has been using the amazing software for a month now and they are very happy with the results it has given them so far. Digital Diner offers many different things for restaurants. They offer table management along with many other perks. They help handle reservations as well. Restaurants no longer have to use multiple outlets with this service.
Premier Food Safety® - Food Safety Certification Posts
There are 6 questions with Auntie Anne’s culinary mastermind. One of the questions is about the characteristics that are vital to the snack innovation. The culinary mastermind, Melanie Auxer, said that portability is something for Auntie Anne’s because their customers are always on the go. They could have shopping bags in one hand and a stroller in the other, so the products need to be easy to eat as well as carry for the consumer.
- Modern consumers are always out and about, so meals and snacks that are portable are preferred.
- Staying trendy in food can be tough with an always changing target to aim for, but product testing can help with success.
- Involving customers in picking new products can combine research with marketing; limiting risk while boosting awareness.
“We’re looking at how consumers eat, what they eat, and who they eat with. But we want to make ourselves that go-to snack wherever you are, and to do that, we have to understand more than just the flavor trends to stay relevant.”
One pizza delivery driver turned into a Marco’s Pizza franchisee. He was actually fired from his job at a window installation store and then he worked his way up at a pizza place. He eventually became general manager of one location. Three years after becoming general manager, he was selected to partake in a program that helps people learn about store ownership. Cole eventually became an owner and operator of a business. He has been with Marco’s for 22 years.
- Steve Cole begain at Marco’s Pizza as a simple delivery driver, taking orders to customers.
- Cole credits his working his way up to general manager by focusing on getting his foot in the door so he could learn the business.
- By rising from within the company, you have the chance to get to know employees; to better help you to remember you’re one too.
“A manager is only as good as his crew. A lot of people would say the reverse of that, but I truly believe I wouldn’t have been as successful as I am if I didn’t have a good staff.”
One of the nation’s premier raw juice bars has been listed on Entrepreneur magazine’s 2017 assembly of Top Franchise for Veterans. Juice It Up!, who specializes in serving not only raw juice, but also smoothies, placed twenty-fourth out of data collected and evaluated by Entrepreneur. Juice It Up! has a generous incentive program available to US Military Veterans interested in becoming franchisees; participants can save sixty percent off the franchise fee. The company says they’re proud to offer this accommodation to veterans looking to join the business world as owners.
Restaurant chain Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers has announced record sales have led to an equally groundbreaking level of charitable donations by the company. The chain prefers to focus not necessarily on revenue, but on number of customers alongside how well Freddy’s serves them and the communities they’re a part of. The restaurant operator has been singled out by the Association of Fundraising Professionals as an Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation for 2017. This comes as they continue to expand, with many locations being launched.
Read more: Freddy’s Enjoys Record Year of Growth
Eco Products is partnering up with the National Aquarium to convert guest’s trash into fertile soil. This is a very innovative effort that will prevent trash from going into a landfill. Eco Products is giving tons of different things like compostable cups and plates and lids to the National Aquarium. This change is going to eliminate sources of pollution for both humans and the environment. Guests will also be inspired to change because of this new effort.
- Disposable plates and utensils save washing dishes and mess, not to mention breakage, but can fill up garbage dumps.
- New products from Recycled Green Industries are biodegradable; combining convenience with environmentally friendly materials.
- By focusing not on trying to change the behavior of people, but fit products into their existing behaviors, the outcomes for all are improved.
“The benefits of this effort extend way beyond the National Aquarium,” Martinez said. “It’s a wonderful example of how used items don’t need to become waste. They can have another life.”
Running a restaurant requires a lot of attention; everything comes back to your decisions. Dealing with suppliers is one of the more critical aspects of the food service industry. Ingredients, tableware, drinking straws; it’s all integral to the guest experience. You should be looking for supplier representatives who communicate clearly and responsively to you and your needs. They should be honest and concrete about the expectations the two of you agree upon. They should get to know your business and its individuality. This all creates a feedback loop that helps bolster success.
- Suppliers should communicate well and be prompt in handling your orders and requests.
- Expectations should be set clearly and upheld, both in what is delivered as well as when.
- Suppliers who are experienced, in both their business and yours, bring unique synergy to the table.
“there are certain attributes that are key to making the supplier relationship a success.”
Ctuit integration has added new restaurant management options. This new integration allows SpeedLine clients to access Ctuit’s broad range of intelligence tools to take control of costs and increase sales. It will also help to better manage their businesses. There is a lot of good that can come from this. This all in one restaurant management software gives people that are in the restaurant industry business intelligence as well as meaningful data to allow success.
As many restaurant businesses face unprecedented challenges as of late, operators and owners are increasingly looking to technology as the solution to their company woes—and technology is delivering. Primarily, recent strides in technology around point-of-sale and restaurant management systems have opened up an abundance of new opportunities and have eased many financial and otherwise burdens on struggling businesses. The greatest advantage of technology often comes in the form of reduced costs, but there are also many operational and functional benefits to be had as well.
- The 2017 Smart Decision Guide to Restaurant Management and POS Systems surveys restaurant operators for their views on restaurant technology.
- Nearly all restaurant owners see management and POS systems as being able to improve both guest satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- Alongside direct productivity and efficiency gains, restaurant owners are also expecting cost reductions to come from technology systems.
“Technology solution providers are unveiling countless new restaurant solutions, some of them more valuable than others.”
The innovative, U.K. based sushi brand, Yo! Sushi, has announced plans to acquire North American quick-service sushi chain Bento Sushi, the 2nd largest restaurant brand of its kind on the continent. Yo! has been looking for ways to expand its brand further into the North American market, and the impending acquisition of Bento Sushi, which boasts roughly 600 different locations in Canada and the U.S.A., might offer the perfect way to accomplish this goal. The Yo! brand turned thirty this year, while Bento Sushi lags just one year behind.