- What are some of the benefits to this training?
There are many benefits to training: increased business growth, less employee turnover, and increased overall customer satisfaction.
- Does the certified person need to be on site at all times?
This depends on the state and each regulatory body. Please note that the person on the certificate is certified not the company. If that person leaves your company then you will need to get another certification for your company.
- How long is the instructor-led curriculum?
Our one day class is 7-8 hours in length, depending on the geography. The one day class includes extensive training, in depth review, and the adminstration of the certification exam.
- I own more than one restaurant, if I pass the exam will it cover all of my locations?
No, every location must each have one unique certified owner or employee.
- Am I required to pay for the class and exam or is my company responsible?
Each company is required to follow state/county requirements but may have higher requirements internally for their own business. For example, if the business was located in California, the requirement is to have one person certified per location. But the company may require one person per shift to become trained and certified.
- What is a major reason for food safety violations?
The majority of food establishments incur violations due to time and temperature abuse such as leaving food out at room temperature or not having the refrigerator at a low enough setting. Premier Food Safety offers training that meets and exceeds food safety guidelines.
- Do you offer classes in most states?
We offer training programs that are accessible nationwide. Please give us a call if you have further questions so that we can assist you.
- Does every state require food-safety certification?
No, however many counties within states that have voluntary certification, actually require certification. Please contact us if you would like to know if your county or location requires certification.
- Why do you offer more than one type of exam?
All certification exams that we offer are accepted and approved nationwide. Many corporations internally require that their corporate franchises get certified for one particular exam. If you are part of a corporate franchise, please contact your corporate office to determine which exam is acceptable. At Premier Food Safety all of our exams are recognized by health departments and other regulatory agencies as approved food safety certification exams.
- I completed the ServSafe exam in another state, will I still be certified if you move to another state?
Yes, if the exam is approved for state and the date on the certificate is still valid for the new state requirements. Some states may have additional training requirements in addition to the certification
- I already have a certificate but I would like to have more of my employees to be trained, do you offer a training only option?
Yes, the training only option has been proven to be beneficial to those companies that want to add another level of protection and education for their companies. Many companies even have more than employee to be certified. Please contact us to discuss training options.
- Can I just take the exam, or do I have the take both the class and exam?
Classroom instruction is not required however we highly encourage clients to take both since new laws and food safety updates are being introduced each year.
- California - I just got my certification recently, and I heard about the new change in years, do I still need to re-certify in 3 years?
No, after July 1st, 2007, all certificates will be retroactive to the new 5 year requirement from the date of issuance. For example, if your certificate was issued January 1st 2004, after July 1st 2007, it will expire January 1st, 2009, five years from date of issuance.
- I have a food handler's card, is this the same as the food manager certification?
The terminology may be the same or different, depending on the state and county. In California, the food handler card may be issued by each respective county. The food manager certification is a state requirement that states at least one employee or owner at each food establishment must have passed the exam. Some states identify the food manager certification as food handler certification.
- I will be opening a restaurant very soon, do I need to have the food safety certification before I open?
It would vary by state and county. For example, in California, the health department will give you 60 days to get certified. At Premier Food Safety, we will take every measure to have your exam processed and certificate sent to you in timely manner.
- Do you offer private on-site classes?
Yes, depending upon the number of students, we can have our instructor come on-site to your company. Many of our clients prefer this option because of the convenience of having a class catered to fit their work schedule.
- Does your company offer corporate discounts?
Yes, if your company certifies several employees a year, please contact our office and we will determine if you qualify for a corporate discount. You also receive a complimentary study guide, which is a $10 value! Please email us if you have any further questions.
- Can I bring a translator to help assist me in taking the test.
No, testing agencies prohibit translation of the exam in order for each person the same chance scoring well on the exam. Premier Food Safety does offer the class in more than one language. Please contact us for additional information.
- In California, how long is a certificate good for?
The certification has an expiration date of five years from date of issuance.
- When do I receive my test results?
With On-Demand, you receive your test results immediately following the exam. On-Demand eliminates the wait for traditional exams conducted at our classroom locations.
- How does On-Demand work?
On-Demand is simple and easy use. Simply enter your zip code, submit, and then choose the location and date that works best for you.
- Does on demand mean I get to take the test online?
No, on-demand is a service that allows you to sign-up for an in-class testing session convenient to your place of business or home. Tests require a live proctor to administer the exam in order to ensure high ethical standards.