You can make life a lot easier on your staff just by using Waitbusters’ auto server rotation. Waitbusters’ is an all in one solution that many people in the restaurant business will adore. It will help to improve your restaurants performance. The auto server rotation will take the guesswork out of the process and will help out the hosts and hostesses at the restaurant. It suggests where guests should be seated based on predetermined preferences.
In today’s digital age collecting data is very easy. Collecting data would be very good for your business because it gives you all the analytics on what consumers want. Having this data will definitely give your business a heads up & you’ll have an advantage over other businesses. Having this type of info and feedback is very helpful for businesses so they can better meet their customer’s demands. How could a business not take advantage of this data?
- The data your business generates simply by operating should be captured and analyzed to make better decisions that increase efficiency and profits.
- For restaurants, what’s being ordered, when and by who, and whether it’s dine in or carry out or delivery, can help tremendously in shaping your operations.
- Customer data is also powerful since it allows advertising and promotions to be better targeted, ensuring likely customers hear about things they’ll be interested in.
“Data analytics and business intelligence are driving business decisions today more than ever.”
A national study conducted using 1,400 mystery shoppers concluded that the UberEATS delivery service is the fastest food delivery option in the country. The average recorded time for UberEATS deliveries clocked in at just over half an hour. The study took place in five major metropolitan areas around the country: Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Boston, and Atlanta. DoorDash recorded the slowest delivery times but was the most successful in management of clients’ expectations. For all delivery services in the study, customers rated the drivers very high in terms of being professional and clean.
- Among all food delivery services studied, UberEATS had the lowest delivery time at under 36 minutes.
- The study looked at deliveries in five cites in the United States; Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, and Dallas.
- The study also measured other service metrics of deliveries, including if the food arrived hot and how attentive the driver was.
“The study measured more than 20 other aspects of the delivery, as well, including driver attentiveness and whether the hot food was still hot on delivery.”
The restaurant industry is competitive but still booming with the help of a franchise development company called Emerging Franchises. Multiple new brands are represented by the company and are bringing exciting new taste concepts to the franchise market. The company is working with grills, pizzerias, diners and ethnic lines of food production, among others. Emerging Franchises assists with development in all stages from websites to operations for starting franchises. They have staff throughout the US and internationally.
Recently, IHOP announced that it plans to expand its to-go platform for online delivery and ordering. The new platform will combine customer convenience with high quality food. IHOP has designed to-go containers that provide customers with the best possible on the go experience. These containers keep food hot or cold as necessary, are easily transported, allow for servings of food to fit comfortably without being squished or without leaving too much room, and utilize separate sections to keep different food items apart. The expansion will occur nationally and has already begun in select locations.
Restaurant owners and entrepreneurs are refocusing their attention on the untapped potential of small college towns. Students collectively spend more than $17 billion annually on food related expenses. There are several key factors the entrepreneur has to take into consideration when seeking to tap this booming college town revenue. Immerse the business into the atmosphere of the college. Take to social media and create an interesting menu that offers late night delivery. It is key that the entrepreneur educates themselves about the consumer to fully bathe in the bounty of the college revenue stream.
- Students spend more than $17 billion annually on campus-related dining and running a restaurant in a college town is unlike running a restaurant anywhere else
- digital platforms are crucial to success, as well as social media responsiveness is
- One benefit is that ROI can extend far beyond college towns and prove to be long-term
“Increasingly, national chain restaurants like Chick-fil-A are refocusing on college locations even as smaller independent operators are also cracking the books—and opening their doors—at all kinds of campus locations, Datassential reports.”
Based on a recent study conducted by Sterling-Rice Group – the culinary landscape is changing in a way that supports longer-term growth for many trends. The study, which was aided by restauranteurs, chefs & experts on a global scale, shows a top 6 for “trendjectories” that are destined to become impossible to ignore. Coffee+Spice: Coffee is getting kicked up a notch with flavors highlighted throughout the coffee itself (cinnamon, herbs). Homage is paid to Asia with U-mami (Chinese street food) and Trendy Tea and The Chickpea (a blend of Chinese, Laotian, Indian, and Thai) both making the hot list. Moringa, a superfood originating from the Tree of Life & Slow Dough, which boasts a longer fermentation time and easier digestion process, are also expected to be very on-trend. Last but not least, objectification and perfecting pictures of food on social media sites such as Instagram will still rule the food world.
- An international team of restaurant owners, foodies, and chefs are making culinary predictions for 2018.
- One of their picks is a rise in slow fermented dough for use in bread and pizzas that will add a unique pop to old favorites.
- They also think all things tea will move to the fore as herbal Asian flavors will charge into cups on their way to diners’ palates.
“Coffee + Spice is Everything Nice: Say goodbye to café lattes and hello to the flavor and functional benefits that herbs and spices add; think chai-style coffee or coffee layered with flavors of cinnamon, orange zest and clove.”
According to a recent poll carried out by the crowdsourcing website Ranker, Wendy’s is the number one fast food chain in the country. Roughly 211,000 individuals took part in the poll. Wendy’s maintains its number one position when the poll results are filtered to just women respondents as well as when filtered to just baby boomers and to just millennials. However, when only male respondents are considered, Subway takes the top spot, and when narrowed down to just Generation X respondents, Arby’s grabs the number one position. Wendy’s has been growing in popularity recently and has enjoyed a successful year of growth in operations.
Read more: Wendy’s: America’s Favorite Fast Food Chain
People who have friends that cook can easily buy presents for them without getting useless gadgets. You can get them an immersion blender which goes into a pot to stir the contents or blend them. You can also purchase a whipper which can make whipped cream, sauces, or other uses. You can get them a kitchen scale to measure while they are baking. There are storage containers, of which Cambro is the leading brand, that help store bulk ingredients or even precision thermometers to check the internal temperature while cooking.
Read more: Top 5 Gifts for Cooks
Cafeterias are ubiquitous to the American experience and so is the indifferent shrug normally associated with them. But a new trend is taking the cafeteria set up and making it trendy and tasteful. Little Beet and Lemonade, to name two establishments, work on the premise that it’s a healthier form of fast food but one the patron makes on his own. Dig Inn restaurant group takes that even further and keeps buffets small. Either way the kitchen does it, cafeteria food isn’t going to get an eye roll much longer.
- Cafeteria style restaurants are designed to serve many customers efficiently, by limiting options and keeping the line moving.
- Some cafeteria restaurants are attempting to leave the old notions of what a cafeteria is behind by updating it.
- Modern cafeteria twists keep the line, but offer customers customization options at every serving station along the way.
“If there’s one place every American diner over the age of 5 has eaten, it’s a cafeteria. Ask them if they’re particularly happy with that experience, however, and the answer is probably no.”