Please note: This product was updated in March 2009 with the 2007 Supplement to the 2005 FDA Food Code, and reflects minor changes.
ServSafe Overview of Foodborne Microorganisms and Allergens Covers:
- What microbial contaminants are and how they contaminate food
- Conditions that affect the growth of microorganisms
- Types of food that support the growth of microorganisms
- Characteristics of bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungi
- Types of biological, chemical, and physical contaminants
- Types of food allergens, the symptoms associated with them, and methods of prevention