About the Online Training
- Course Duration: 4 hours
- Number of exam attempts: Unlimited
- Language: English
- Minimum passing score: 70%
- 100% online and mobile friendly
- Certificates are valid for 3 years
- Illinois requires all employees who serve alcoholic beverages or check ID's at on-premise establishments to complete an approved BASSET training program
- Businesses doing curbside delivery must have those employees performing those job duties to be BASSET trained.
- Our On-Premise BASSET certification program is approved by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission
- BASSET training is not mandatory for clerks or sellers working at off-premise packaged goods stores unless there is a local ordinance present, but it is highly recommended.
*Once you have successfully passed the final exam, you will be able to download a temporary certificate of completion, which will be valid until you receive the official BASSET certificate in the mail from the Illinois Liquor Control Commission shortly after.
Who is required to take the BASSET (Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training) Program?
According to Public Act 099-0046, all alcohols servers in the State of Illinois are required to complete a BASSET certification program approved by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission.
When does the BASSET training need to be completed?
Training must be completed within 30 days of beginning of employment.
How long is the training valid for?
Your BASSET certificate will be valid for 3 years.
How do I register for online training?
- Register for online training
- Complete the training and pass the 40-question test
- Download and print your temporary certificate of completion
- Your official BASSET certificate will be mailed to you by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission
What is the passing score on the final exam?
A score of at least 70% on the final exam is required to obtain a BASSET certificate.
Who do I contact if I have not received my BASSET permit in the mail?
You can check on the status of your BASSET permit by visiting the following link: https://www2.illinois.gov/ilcc/Education/SitePages/BASSETCard.aspx.
Please allow 10 business days from the date you completed the course for your name to appear in the search.
If you need a replacement card or require additional information, please contact the Illinois Liquor Control Commission at 312-814-0773.
Do I have to complete the training all at once?
No, the training is self-paced. You can start and review a few chapters, log out of your account, and resume the training at a different time. All your progress will be saved.