Food Service Sanitation Manager Certification
- Establishments in Illinois must have a certified Food Service Sanitation Manager on premises at all times.
- The Illinois Department of Public Health no longer issues Food Service Sanitation Manager Certificates (FSSMC).
However, applicants are still required to complete an approved 8-hour training course and pass an ANSI-CPFM
approved Certified Food Protection Manager exam, such as the ServSafe or Prometric exam.
- Certification is valid for 5 years.
If you work in Chicago, you must also get a Food Service Sanitation Manager Certificate issued by the City of Chicago.
How to Get Your City of Chicago Certificate
- Complete an approved 8-hour training course.
- Pass a nationally accredited exam (ServSafe or Prometric).
- Apply for the City of Chicago Food Service Sanitation certificate at Kenedy King College ($52 fee). Certification is valid for 5 years.