- Become the administrator of the account
- Monitor your employees’ certification progress
Arizona Food Handlers Card
About the Food Handlers Card
- According to the Arizona Revised Statutes (HB 2436), food handlers in Arizona are required to obtain their training and certificate from an ANSI-accredited provider when Food Handler Training and Certification is required by the county.
- The renewal period for the Food Handler Card varies from county to county, so please check with your local authority for renewal requirements. Generally, Food Handler Cards are valid for 2-3 years
- Please check with your local health department for Food Handler Card issuance fees.
- *Some counties will require you to bring proof of legal presence to the local health department in order to obtain a Food Handler Card. Please click here for a list of documents accepted as valid.
How long is my food handler card valid for?
Although Food Handler Cards are generally valid for 2 to 3 years, Arizona Food Handler Cards must be renewed as required by each county.
When do I get my Arizona Food Handler Card and Certificate of Completion?
You will be able to download and print a certificate of completion and Arizona Food Handlers Card as soon as you complete the online training and pass the final exam with a minimum score of 70%. Please note that your local health department may require you to register your certificate of completion to obtain an official Food Handler Card issued by the county. For more information, please contact your local health department.
How can I renew an Arizona Food Handler Card that has already expired?
For more information, please contact your local health department.
I have a Food Handler Card issued by a specific county. If I start working for an establishment located in a different county, will it considered a valid Food Handler Card?
Yes. As long as your Food Handler Certificate is issued by an ANSI- accredited provider and it has not expired, it will be accepted as valid by any other local health department, including Maricopa County, Mohave County, Coconino County, Pima County, Yuma County, Pinal County, Yuma County, and Cochise County.
What if I start working at a different establishment? Is my Arizona Food Handler Card transferrable to the new employer?
Yes. As long as the Food Handler Card has not expired, you may continue to use it while working for a different restaurant.
I took the training offered by my county. Do I need to complete an ANSI-accredited program to get a new Food Handler Card?
No. If you took a training created by the county or approved by the county before July 1st, 2014, your Food Handler Card will be considered valid.Hide