Food Manager Certification - FAQs
ServSafe® In-Person Certification Exam
The ServSafe Food Manager Certification is a nationally accredited program accepted by health departments nationwide.
Premier Food Safety has partnered with ServSafe to offer you the Food Manager Certification Exam, as well as multiple training packages to meet your training needs.
You can rest assured that you’re receiving training from one of the best companies, and obtaining a certification from the leading nationally accredited provider.
Classroom training is highly recommended and usually the most effective way to prepare for the exam if this is the first time you are taking it. Our most popular training and certification package is $149 and includes:
- Classroom training with a food safety expert - Available in English, Spanish, Korean and Chinese, depending on class location.
- ServSafe certification Exam - Available in English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese and French Canadian
- E-Study Guide – Emailed to you for download
Classes typically run from 10am – 4pm, although this may vary depending on the language and location. We ask students to arrive 30 minutes in advance for check-in.
Please see below for a typical class schedule:
- 10am to 1:00pm | Class Instruction
- 1pm to 1:30pm | 30-Minute Break
- 1:30pm to 2pm | Review Session
- 2pm to 4pm | Exam
This 65+ page resource covers all the core FDA food safety standards and guidelines, 2 Practice Tests and the Top 5 Tips to Passing the Food Safety Exam.
The Study Guide is emailed to you upon registration so you can review it prior to the class.
ServSafe® Online Certification Exam
Yes. The certification exam is 100% online and adminstered by a live proctor via ProctorU.
You may choose the date and time that best work for your schedule. On the day of your exam, you will be required to log in to connect with the proctor and complete the exam.
Please make sure you have access to a quiet, private space that is free of interruptions for the entire duration of the exam session
Once you register, you will receive a username and password to log in and complete the training from home. The self-paced online course incorporates media-rich learning experiences, graphics, audio, and interactive learning exercises.
The course is between 4 and 8 hours long, depending on the State you are getting your certification for. It is widely accepted by a broad range of clients, including regulatory agencies and educational institutions, as fulfilling training requirements for most counties and states nationwide.
Once you are ready, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Create a ServSafe account
- Create a ProctorU account
- Download the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- Download and install the ProctorU web browser extension
- Verify that your PC or Mac meets the Minimum System Requirements (no tablets or mobile devices allowed).
- Review ProctorU Exam readiness guide
- Schedule your exam.
Please click here to watch a video that will walk you through the entire process.
For additional step-by-step instructions, please click here.
For additional information and to register for the ServSafe Online Exam option please click here.