Florida Food Manager Certification
Each licensed establishment shall have a minimum of one certified food protection manager responsible for all periods of operation.
All managers who are responsible for the storage, preparation, display, and serving of foods to the public must have passed a food manager certification test from an ANAB- CFP approved program.
Approved Certification Exams
|ANAB-CFP Accredited Certification exams such as ServSafe, NRFSP, Always Food Safe, AboveTraining, 360 Training, and Prometric|
Food Safety Training Requirement
|All food service employees working for establishments licensed by the Division of Hotels and Restaurants must complete a food safety training to obtain a food worker certificate an approved program. For more information click here.|
Get ServSafe® Certified Now!
Online Training and Exam Options
- First Time or Renewal
- Instant Results Available
- Available in English and Spanish.
Does the food manager need to be present at the food facility at all times?
When four or more employees are working in a licensed food establishment, at least one certified food protection manager must be present at all times. When there are three or fewer employees, the certified food manager need not be present during those periods of operation.
Do I need to have a certified food protection manager employed before I open my business?
The law provides 30 days to ensure that a food facility has a certified food protection manager employed when a new business is started, change of ownership, or if the certified food protection manager leaves the business.
Who is exempt from the Food Manager Certification requirement?
Temporary food service vendors and vending machine operators.
What training and certification options do you provide in Florida?
- Online Food Manager Training: A self-paced online training, which incorporates media-rich learning experiences: graphics, audio and interactive learning exercises. Highly effective educational learning program.
- Online Study Guide: A 20+ page study resource which covers many of the important core FDA food concepts. The study guide also includes Top 5 Tips to Passing the Food Manager Exam and Practice Exam.
- Food Manager Exam: We offer the nationally accredited ServSafe exam, which is administered online by a registered proctor with ProctorU. Schedule the certification exam for a date and time of your choice and take it from the comfort of your home. Get your results the same day!