Utah Food Manager Certification
|At least one person per food establishment must obtain a Food Manager Certification from an approved and accredited program such as ServSafe, Prometric, NRFSP and 360 Training.|
Approved Certification Exams
|ServSafe, Prometric, NRFSP and 360 Training|
Food Safety Training Requirement
|Upon successfully passing a Department-approved examination you must provide documentation of that to the local health officer within sixty days of receipt of your certificate. An additional fee may be required to register with the local health department.|
Get Certified Now!
- Online Training and Proctored Exam
- Over 1,100 Locations
Which food facilities are exempt?
A local health officer shall exempt a food service establishment from having a Certified Food Safety manager on staff, if after evaluation by the local health department, the food service establishment:
- Is classified within the lowest risk category for a local health department utilizing a risk-based assessment system; or
- Serves a menu of commercially prepackaged, or heat and serve foods, or foods that require
limited handling or assembly and does not conduct any of the
following food preparation processes as defined in the Food Code, R392-100:
- Cook foods that are required to reach critical temperatures as required by R392-100
- Use foods that are required to be cooled within a 6 hour time period as required by R392-100; or
- Use foods that must be reheated to 165 degrees as required by R392-100
Does the Certified Food Protection Manager need to be present at the food facility at all times?
The Certified Food Protection Manager does not need to be present during all hours of operation. However, the certified manager must be considered a full time employee.
Does the food establishment need to keep a record of the food safety manager’s certification?
Yes a food service establishment must maintain a copy of its certified food safety manager’s documentation of a passing score on file at the establishment. The food service establishment’s person in charge must provide this documentation to the local health office or his designated representative upon request.
Are there minimum hours of training to obtain the Food Manager Certification?
Attending a training course is recommend but not required. The only requirement is to pass an exam from an approved provider such as Prometric, ServSafe, NRFSP or 360 Training.