About the Online Training
- Course Duration: 90 minutes
- Number of exam attempts: Unlimited
- Languages: English, Spanish, Chinese, and Korean
- Minimum passing score: 70%
- 100% online and mobile friendly
- A Food Handler Card is required in Maricopa County within 30 days of beginning of employment
- The card must be obtained by completing an ANSI-approved training program
- No visit to the Maricopa County Health Department or additional fee is required. Print your card immediately upon completion of training.
- Cards are valid for 3 years
Is a Food Handlers Card required in Maricopa County?
Yes. Food handlers in Maricopa County, Arizona are required by law to obtain a Food Handler Card within 30 days of performing any food handler activity. The card must be issued by an ANSI-accredited training provided, such as Premier Food Safety.
How long is my food handler card valid for?
The food handler card is valid for 3 years.
When do I get my Maricopa County Food Handler Card and Certificate of Completion?
Your card is available for immediate download as soon as you complete the online training and pass the final exam with a score of at least 70%.
How can I renew a Food Handler Card that has already expired?
If your card has expired, you will need to take the training and test again to obtain a new food handler card.
I have a Food Handler Card issued by another county in Arizona. If I start working for an establishment located in Maricopa county, will it be considered a valid Food Handler Card?
Yes. As long as you have completed an ANSI- accredited provider and your card and certificate of completion have not expired, it will be accepted as valid by any other local health department, including Mohave County, Coconino County, Pima County, Yuma County, Pinal County, and Yuma County.
What if I start working at a different establishment? Is my Arizona Food Handler Card transferrable to the new employer?
Yes. As long as the Food Handler Card has not expired, you may continue to use it while working for a different restaurant.